Check out our new digs!
Luella’s is an official member of the Green Restaurant Association! After months of research, new policy & equipment installations & staff education, our efforts were realized as we were presented with a 3-star certification. We join a small handful of Asheville restaurants working to make ours the greenest restaurant city in the nation. Doing our part by maintaining an environmentally consciousness work ethic is an important piece of our Mission.
If you would like a visual of our achievement, you cannot miss the shiny solar panels happily sitting on our roof! Sundance Solar Systems worked to make this piece happen. Other changes we’ve made include:
- We donate all of our fry oil waste to Blue Ridge Biofuels.
- Composting with Danny’s Dumpster has reduced our landfill waste by 50%.
- Our new low-flow faucets reduce water usage by 60% and our rain barrel waters our plants.
- Luella’s staff is now sporting organic cotton shirts, and you can sport one too! Shop for organic shirts & hats here.
- All of our carry-out containers and bags are biodegradable or recyclable.
- Motion lighting inside our home help to save energy used.
- We support local farms, and feature a local meat from Hickory Nut Gap every Tuesday!
For complete details visit Dinegreen.com & search Luella’s Bar-B-Que.
Thank you to everyone that helped us make our home GRA certified. We appreciate your support.